March 7, 2019

Don’t Get in the Shower If You Feel Paranoid!

I pawned my wedding rings and moved into an apartment. While The Rock was in custody, I returned to our housing and took my belongings. I left everything that was ours for him, I just wanted out with my life and my freedom. We had two vehicles, a VW bug and a Chevy Impala. I took the bug that I drove all the time and paid for and left the Impala which he drove all the time and I paid for with my Guard bonus.

He stole the VW and the police couldn’t do anything because it was titled “The Rock OR Maria O’Rourke.” If it had said AND in between our names, neither of us could do anything without the other person’s signature. Because it said OR, either one of us could do anything we wanted with it. So, I stole it back.

His female Commanding Officer somehow managed to keep him from going to trial or jail. He was released on his own recognizance and as far as I know was never held accountable for attempting to kill me. No one in his chain of command ever contacted me to find out if I was okay. The police never followed up.

I moved on with my life.

I began a relationship with the Supply Sergeant in my National Guard unit. He moved in with me. I didn’t have a refrigerator, so I kept a cooler full of ice and just kept necessities on hand.

My new boyfriend was a drug dealer. We would go to his supplier’s house and he would have me wait in my car. He’d say, “If you hear gunshots, just leave. Don’t wait for me.” Then, he’d distribute it out to street dealers.

I let him talk me into trying cocaine and smoking marijuana. I didn’t like either. The cocaine had no effect at all, and I became weirdly paranoid when I smoked marijuana. I would smoke, then become paranoid, so I’d get in the shower. Once in the shower, naked, I’d become convinced the cops were going to bang on my door any second because someone walked by, smelled it, and reported us.

What an idiot! Don’t get in the shower if you feel paranoid!

No comments:

Post a Comment