March 8, 2019

It Became a Butterfly

This is the story of my second tattoo.  I’d gotten my first tattoo at 18 years old and had been trying to decide what I wanted next for decades. 

I couldn’t decide.  I certainly didn’t want to put something permanent on my body until I’d found the perfect addition. 

In the meantime, it had come to my attention that my first tattoo no longer looked like a black rosebud, but now resembled a blue fish.  Not okay!  It seems that in order to maintain the original colors, tattoos need to be touched up from time to time.  Who knew? 

I needed to have it repaired; however, I didn’t want just anyone to do it. 

I was leaving the state of Idaho in just a few days when a group of friends threw a going away party for me.  It was so much fun!  The boyfriend of a friend’s daughter attended and drew “tattoos” on everyone who wanted them with Sharpies.  I’d found my tattoo artist!  He was able to fit me in and stated he could do what I was asking. 

I had him tattoo over the old tattoo with two beautiful blue butterflies with black-edged wings.  One is a large butterfly and the other is a smaller one. 

The colors are vibrant and the butterflies signify new life and personal growth to me. 

“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment