March 18, 2019

This Chapter Was Over Decades Ago

The Rock was sent to his next duty assignment in Japan. He married a Japanese woman. While we were married, he would often tell me he wanted to be married to an Asian woman because he was fascinated by their dark, silky hair. For some strange reason, he sent me a photo of himself with his brother-in-law, and a trivet. He looks good in a kimono.

Twenty years later, I received a phone call from someone in Chicago. My ex-husband had listed me as a referral on a housing application. I was sure I misunderstood the caller. No. The Rock had just returned stateside and needed referrals for housing. I explained I couldn’t help as I hadn’t had recent contact with my ex-husband and had no idea what kind of person he had become. I told the caller I didn’t want to malign my ex-husband, but he was not a good person while we were married. Which is why we were divorced.

How does he keep finding me?

I had moved from California to Nebraska to Idaho. I had left the military. I had remarried and had a different last name.

Why does he keep finding me?

That chapter of my life is over and has been for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment