January 9, 2019

Late Start

So, rough night here. This story is gross.

The last two days I’ve had vertigo pretty much constantly. However, I’m preparing for something big tomorrow, so although I felt like I needed to restrict my activities, I’ve been trying to push through.

I’ve had to push a few activities off, but not too many and I’m ready for tomorrow’s event.

Day before yesterday, I was mildly nauseous all day. Yesterday afternoon, I realized the rumbling, queasy, need to go feeling in my tummy that I’d had all day was because of the extended, constant nausea. I went to bed like normal. Woke up around 4 am with vomit in my mouth!

Yuck!

I hate vomiting! I will fight it and fight it, so I rarely do. This had never happened to me before, waking up like that. I went to the bathroom to see if there was more. There wasn’t, thank God. I brushed my teeth and got back in bed. I’m laying there with the same queasy nausea, afraid to go to sleep and have it happen again.

I remember I have Promethazine for nausea and get up to take it. I find the Meclizine which I haven’t been taking because it causes extreme sleepiness. Apparently, the Promethazine is still in the Dodge’s glove compartment.

Well, it was 4 am and I wasn’t due to get up until 6:25 am. I decided to take a half. I woke up right before 8 am, sleeping through two alarms.

I have a plan for today.

My approach is to make a plan once a week for the following week and do my best to follow it. Some days, I abandon the plan altogether. Most days, I adjust as needed, getting as much accomplished as possible, adding more time to a task, including a nap or naps: I’m dismayed at how little I’m able to do now, but I know I’ve done my best and that’s enough for the day and this is my new normal. Occasionally, I have a day with no or very little vertigo and I’m able to get a lot done. I have to be careful on these days because the temptation is to push myself to hard and I end up really sick again. Today, is going to be a day where I consciously have to allow myself to let things go and just focus on the most important things but hopefully not a day to completely abandon the plan.

Not the way I like to start a day but I’ll take it. It’s better than the alternative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment